What would you make Bardack see in his visions?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Cold Skin
I Live Here

What would you make Bardack see in his visions?

Post by Cold Skin » Mon Jun 12, 2023 12:26 pm

With the original TV special, the staff was limited to the existing material and information from back then to create visions for Bardack, which stopped at the fact that Goku would face Freeza, not even showing the proper form Freeza would have at this moment for example.

With newer materials like games, developers had some fun adding extra visions of the future to the original Bardack.
Xenoverse 2 showed him the fight between Super Saiyan Blue Goku and Golden Freeza if I remember well.
Kakarot showed him Goku going Super Saiyan and thus becoming the legendary warrior.

What about you? If you had to decide for a new game, movie or remake, what would you make Bardack see in his visions nowadays? Would you just leave them as they were? Would you just update them to be more accurate to the later scenes of Goku VS Freeza? Would you go beyond the original visions like the latest games did?
Last edited by Cold Skin on Mon Jun 12, 2023 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Scientist Fu
Beyond Newbie

Re: What would you make Bardack see in his visions?

Post by Scientist Fu » Mon Jun 12, 2023 12:37 pm

That's pretty interesting actually. I'd add Goku's family, wife and children to show how happy Goku is, and then we see Goku vs Frieza's final form on Namek.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Mon Jun 12, 2023 4:16 pm

I would keep the Dragon Ball visions, but as for the Dragon Ball Z ones:

• Fight with Raditz.
• Fight with Freeza / Goku transforming into Super Saiyan.
• Goku and Gohan talking.

I'd also throw in some visions containing "slice of life" moments, so that Bardock knows Goku is also having a good time and that his decision to send him to Earth wasn't wrong. The "Goku and Gohan talking" one is from just before Cell's fight, so that Bardock learns he'll have a grandson (sorry, Goten!). I would also give Bardock visions of Raditz too... May be the only way for us get a glimpse of Raditz' childhood and whatnot.

Bardock's very last vision may or may not be a sillhouette of him with a strange white mask or becoming a legendary Saiyan...

(And for the "lulz"... • Fight with Jiren / Goku and Freeza teaming up).
I've come to tear you apart, Sharpshot!

~ Fall of Cybertron ~

Yuji
Advanced Regular

Post by Yuji » Mon Jun 12, 2023 5:32 pm

Goku and Freeza beating Jiren.

But in all seriousness, the original scenes are fine. The fact that they're not 1:1 is cool because I've never been a fan of "child of prophecy" or "destiny" storylines and this gives enough of a leeway to make the argument the future is malleable or Bardock is just schizophrenic, while also being confined to the Namek arc. I'm also not a fan of Bardock being continuously used - it's a trait of modern Shounen nonsense that the protagonist's father has to be super special. Dragon Ball doesn't need that.

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Mon Jun 12, 2023 5:52 pm

For shits and giggles I'd have Bardock see visions of upcoming Toei/Bandai properties that have fuck all to do with Dragon Ball

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Mon Jun 12, 2023 6:16 pm

Bardock was a Precure fan before it was cool aka before it even existed.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Mon Jun 12, 2023 7:43 pm

MasenkoHA wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 5:52 pmFor shits and giggles I'd have Bardock see visions of upcoming Toei/Bandai properties that have fuck all to do with Dragon Ball
Don't forget about the upcoming Toriyama/Toyotaro properties too.

~ Fall of Cybertron ~

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Sat Jun 17, 2023 4:55 pm

Though I don't know which ones I would truly proceed to add in the end, I would consider adding...

- Goku and Raditz fighting and even being killed. That would beg some questions for Bardack, especially if he also see visions of Goku being older with his sons growing up over years, when he just saw him die.

- Goku being a Super Saiyan against Freeza and finishing him off on Namek.

- All Saiyans eating together, for example during the 25th Tenkaichi Budokai, showing that a bunch of Saiyans are still alive and well years later, among whom he can see his son, grand sons and the prince himself.

- Goku and Freeza teaming up against Jiren, that's sure to bring up some questions as to what's going on in Bardack's mind.

- Goku and Vegeta meeting Cabba and mentionning Sadala. Just like the Cabba's clothes made Vegeta react, it could also make Bardack wonder why he's seeing an old-school young Saiyan with his son and prince Vegeta.

- Goku, Vegeta and Broly training, even more Saiyans having survived and getting along with his son.

- Super Saiyan Blue against Golden Freeza, so that he wonders why they look like that, thinking he didn't even know either side had such possible appearances (the poor Saiyan doesn't even know about Freeza's real form).

- Visions of baby Pan with Goku, so that he sees the Saiyan legacy going even further, specifically the moment with Goku saying "no, I'm not your daddy, I'm your grandpa, okay? Your grandpa!"

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Sat Jun 17, 2023 6:23 pm

A vision of his son Kakarrot, wielding the mightiest and most "peak Saiyan" form ever, beating up the last of the Tsufrians, who is inhabiting the body of the stuck-up Prince Vegeta, on a recreated Planet Vegeta.

Bardock couldn't possibly be a prouder papa.
Dragon Ball ended in 1997.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sat Jun 17, 2023 10:05 pm

I would have Bardock see visions of Dragon Ball Super: Broli, where he was a better father and more decent person, and thus be forced to die knowing he wasted his life not really trying to evolve past the life expected of him by Saiyan society.
She/Her
🍉🏳️‍⚧️

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun Jun 18, 2023 1:09 am

Kaboom wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 6:23 pmA vision of his son Kakarrot, wielding the mightiest and most "peak Saiyan" form ever, beating up the last of the Tsufrians, who is inhabiting the body of the stuck-up Prince Vegeta, on a recreated Planet Vegeta.

Bardock couldn't possibly be a prouder papa.
A vision of Goku rising up with a giant ball, tanking all hits from his opponent like it's nothing, then leaving with a Red-Eyes Green Dragon (ATK /? / DEF /?) while wondering:
Bardock wrote:Is he dead?

A confused papa in the face of death.
Cold Skin wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 4:55 pmspecifically the moment with Goku saying "no, I'm not your daddy, I'm your grandpa, okay? Your grandpa!"
About that... (Damn, that was twelve years ago. How do I even remember this?).

~ Fall of Cybertron ~

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Sun Jun 18, 2023 3:17 am

The Goku-Freeza team-up.

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Sun Jun 18, 2023 8:25 am

Yuji wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 5:32 pm But in all seriousness, the original scenes are fine. The fact that they're not 1:1 is cool because I've never been a fan of "child of prophecy" or "destiny" storylines and this gives enough of a leeway to make the argument the future is malleable or Bardock is just schizophrenic, while also being confined to the Namek arc. I'm also not a fan of Bardock being continuously used - it's a trait of modern Shounen nonsense that the protagonist's father has to be super special. Dragon Ball doesn't need that.
This. I'm not a fan of prophecy and fate in storytelling unless it will ultimately be a story about freewill. I'm also not a fan of "the son is special so the father was special".
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Sun Jun 18, 2023 2:30 pm

Piccolo piercing through Raditz and Goku.
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Sun Jun 18, 2023 2:47 pm

Neo-Makaiōshin wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 2:30 pm Piccolo piercing through Raditz and Goku.
OH WOW. This one's a winner.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol: