"Dragon Ball Legends" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Legends" Official Discussion Thread

Post by MCDaveG » Sat May 11, 2024 8:20 am

Have tried the game again after a while, to rage quit. Hopefully, I hope that I will still be able to return to get the final 50 tickets on that anniversary summon, but it's starting to get pay to win quite hard.
With 6 years in the game with huge hiatuses in the recent ones, I have huge and competitive roster for PVP, but I get destroyed with gimmick ultra characters that are almost impossible to get, even if you pay for few extra CC rounds in discounts and tossing crystals on summons with legacy characters revamped by few new attacks and new art on the card is no fun at all, as the rest you pull from the summons are basic and old characters that you have maxed for years, so it is waste of money.

I hate these Japanese gatcha games, because it's the worst case of gambling there is. Even Power Rangers or Injustice and other western mobile games have the option, to pay for the content you want and even tho you can't get everything as they try to rotate the offers to create FOMO, I perceive it as quite OK.

I have spent around 17 000 CCs to get Ultra Instinct Goku, that gave me hard time on PVP (not to mention Golden Freeza) as you are clearly paired with people or bots that play these units to make you spend insane loads of money on gambling (I didn't, thank god, 90% of my CCs were through grinding) and I was lucky to strenghten like 3 newer Limited characters for a small bits, like at least one star, while getting just clutter. That's super frustrating, as that summon where you summon characters for those tickets you get from exchange shop for the challenge tokens give you pretty much the same results, sans the Ultra character.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Sat May 11, 2024 11:30 am

Yeah, I was mainly in it for the story, but even that has become too difficult to make progress in. That and all of these mini games, 10,000 currency types, all these missions to get materials to upgrade your characters, it's like they expect you to spend the entire day playing it. It's overwhelming. Just booting it up after a while and having to go through a tutorial for all the stuff they added gives me anxiety.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Sun May 12, 2024 3:15 am

God, so I have missed those tickets for 100 summons... not that I got super interesting stuff from step one, but it was nice to get.
I have missed the window it seems.
With basically everything covered I wonder about the Anniversary. I have noticed that get Gokus banner might at least satisfy one for a bit as there are some of the rare units and there are some giveaways already, but I guess that with how hard it is to get Ultras, which is the only interesting bit about the game for me, I will leave this game altogether.
The time spent on grinding various modes doesn't justify the gains anymore.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Wed May 22, 2024 2:37 pm

Story spoilers.

So boo survived and broly calmed down with paragus living too.

I guess Freeza escaped.

What was that wave at the end?
People are speculating it's paralysis or mind control.

Kinda interested to see.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sun May 26, 2024 8:49 pm

I've spent the last 2 months collecting Chrono Crystals for the 6th anniversary, and during this process, I've remembered to comment on some events:

The one with Young Nappa, I must have said before that it was completely dispensable because there are more interesting characters that Legends could introduce (like SSJ Gohan in Saiyaman outfit), but this event reminded me that it's a plot introduced in the middle of the "Cell arc" of this game's main storyline, which was so long ago, it made me wonder why we still don't have Hard Mode for other books in the main story? I understand that it must be laborious to elaborate new challenges for books that have several chapters, but it's been many years since the last one to have a Hard Mode.

Now, about the anni: it was obvious that this year's would also feature fusion characters. But this time I wasn't very lucky; I went in with 22k CCs but only spent the equivalent of one run on both banners, leaving with 15k CCs, and the only new character I got was GRN Broly: Fury. I'll keep trying to see if I can get more later.

Some of those new plots within the Tournament of Time that DBL uses to introduce new characters are cool, but they could let us test these new characters during the course of the challenges as It's good marketing to make people spend some money to get them.

Regarding that story: It's interesting that Goku and Vegeta, who fought against Broly, aren't yet strong enough to defeat Merged Zamasu alone (I had never thought about that), and seeing Gogeta and Vegetto together against a bunch of villains made it seem very Heroes-like to me lol

About the main story so far...
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?