DragonBall Z Abridged

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SolarBlade52
Beyond Newbie

Re: DragonBall Z Abridged

Post by SolarBlade52 » Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:16 am

Loved Kuririn's tribute to Curly Howard.

SRB2Unleashed
Regular

Post by SRB2Unleashed » Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:17 am

"And Burter's gay."

Took me a second to catch that joke, Kaiser :3
GT isn't bad, just sucks ass in comparison to the other 2 animes.

Subscribe to me on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/ImmaKrillinYT

TrunksTrevelyan0064
Patreon Supporter

Post by TrunksTrevelyan0064 » Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:42 am

SRB2Unleashed wrote:"And Burter's gay."

Aw man, why are all my favourite characters always gay in Abridged series. Yami Bakura, Burter, Tenshinhan(kinda sorta maybe), don't tell me Trunks will be too. XD

Loved the episode, though.
Usually goes by "Kevtrev" elsewhere online.
Draws comics that may or may not have been blatantly inspired by Akira Toriyama's manga.

SHINOBI-03
I Live Here

Post by SHINOBI-03 » Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:53 am

Anyone else disliked the change of Freeza's voice?
My Dragon Ball Story (500th post)
My Anime List
My Manga List
Big Momma wrote:This is Daizex. There's gonna be complaints and groaning no matter what. ;)
Anime Insider magazine wrote:If police officers in the future dress like prostitutes, then what do prostitutes in the future wear?

Drabaz
Advanced Regular

Post by Drabaz » Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:10 am

Something must be wrong with me. Everybody seems to love this episode and considers it their favorite. But I thought the complete opposite for this episode. I don't think this episode flowed very nicely. And I don't mean the editing, I mean the directing. The voice actors didn't seem to be giving it their all this episode, unlike other epsiodes. After I saw this episode I went back to watch the previous episode. Loved it! Then went back to watch the new episode again to see if my opinion would change. It didn't for the most part. The jokes were golden, but imo the deliveries were not great. It was late at night, maybe I'll just have to watch it again when it's not 1 in the morning.
My Dragon Ball AMV's:
Pain into Power - Gohan Tribute - Best Character Profile at AnimeNext
The Dragon Ball Life - Original DB only AMV - Coordinators Choice at Anime Conji
When I See You Again [NEW!!!] - Goku & Krillin AMV - Best Drama at Otakon

.:PoetikaL:.
Regular

Post by .:PoetikaL:. » Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:59 am

All I can say is that I need to take a shower... That Dodoria flash really made me feel dirty. :shock:
My Deviantart: http://poetikal.deviantart.com
My Twitter: http://twitter.com/TheycallmeBrod

"I beat Toguro, and after that I assumed everything else would just be a big ol' piece of cake. And then some rogue Spirit Detective has to go and open up the freakin' gates of Hell!" -Yusuke Urameshi

I think Tom Dubois of "The Boondocks" said it best for me when FUNimation announced the release of the domestic Dragonbox, after buying all of the Season Sets: "MOTHERFUCK!!! SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT, PRICKS, SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIIIIIIIT!"

Maphisto86
Patreon Supporter

Post by Maphisto86 » Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:31 am

SHINOBI-03 wrote:Anyone else disliked the change of Freeza's voice?
:| I thought it was handled quite well actually.

Overall it was a fun episode although I do agree the pacing and voice acting was a bit off at times. However that is the only thing I can think of to complain about. Oh well besides my need for the brain bleach halfway through :P . Glad to see Dende have more screentime over the past few episodes as well. Loved the Nail inner voice after fusing too. 8)

batistabus
Patreon Supporter

Post by batistabus » Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:44 am

.:PoetikaL:. wrote:All I can say is that I need to take a shower... That Dodoria flash really made me feel dirty. :shock:
I dunno, I'm gonna have to disagree. I mean, as far as Dodoria goes...

Sshadow5001
Advanced Regular

Post by Sshadow5001 » Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:50 pm

TrunksTrevelyan0064 wrote:

Aw man, why are all my favourite characters always gay in Abridged series. Yami Bakura, Burter, Tenshinhan(kinda sorta maybe), don't tell me Trunks will be too. XD

Loved the episode, though.
I think you misunderstood. Anywho great episode as always guys. I loved when Kuririn was WOOPing away when freeza was chacing him, A reference to "Dr.Zoidburg" and in turn a reference to "The Three Stooges" :D
Please check out my Youtube channel GLEclipseGaming
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8otmN ... FvDYiaKt9w

Currently Playing
Gundam Breaker 3

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:13 pm

Once again, great episode, guys! :D I think I liked the "Krillin Owned Count" and "1-Up" sequence during Freeza impaling Kuririn the best.
Holden Caulfield in [b][i]The Catcher in the Rye[/i][/b] wrote:I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.

Attitudefan
I Live Here

Post by Attitudefan » Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:58 pm

Yeah, I realized this right away as (being obvious for those who don't understand) he voiced Burter.
My favourite art style (and animation) outside Toriyama who worked on Dragon Ball: Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru, Masaki Satō, Minoru Maeda, Takeo Ide, Hisashi Eguchi, Katsumi Aoshima, Tomekichi Takeuchi, Masahiro Shimanuki, Kazuya Hisada

DaemonCorps
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by DaemonCorps » Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:01 pm

Gotta agree with the majority here--episode 25's gotta be my favorite of the season! It was awesome not in the sense that every scene was hilarious, but moreso because everything just flowed so well and if something happened to be absolutely hilarious, then that would just be a little icing on the abridged cake, as well.

Not entirely sure if it was ever mentioned in the actual series, but if it wasn't then kudos to TFS for having Vegeta wondering if Kuririn ended up stealing his wish for immortality. You can never go wrong with a scene featuring an overly confident Kuririn :lol:.
10-30 minutes have most likely passed between my clicking to comment and actually posting. Curse my habit of thinking how to word my posts for too long!
YouTube Essays | twitter | webcomic | instantaneous movement grams

BlazingFiddlesticks
I Live Here

Post by BlazingFiddlesticks » Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:58 pm

Holy cow you played off every possible joke- particularly ones I never would have thought of, and I saw a lot chances coming. I'm amazed.
JulieYBM wrote:
Pannaliciour wrote:Reading all the comments and interviews, my conclusion is: nobody knows what the hell is going on.
Just like Dragon Ball since Chapter #4.
son veku wrote:
Metalwario64 wrote:
BlazingFiddlesticks wrote:Kingdom Piccolo
Where is that located?
Canada

Kuhan
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Kuhan » Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:20 am

I didn't like that they modulated it. Especially with LK's range. The voice wasn't a lot deeper than his Yami Yugi; I would've preferred to have heard something in his natural range.

Another thing: Was Nappa supposed to be Jafar? Or just a Jafar-like character?
[quote="Masako-kun / MasakoX as Goku"]This is worse than that time I was in high school! And all the guys called me Geeko, and I was Piccolo's slave, and I couldn't get Chi-Chi to like me... Oh wow, I hit that rock harder than I thought.[/quote]
Follow me on twitter! http://www.twitter.com/kuhan

funrush

Post by funrush » Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:25 pm

I overall enjoyed the episode, but yeah, Freeza's voice did bother me. That deep of a pitch should have been saved for his 3rd form, not second. I wonder how his 3rd form will sound.

Also, I want a full length version of Freeza's "These are my favorite things".

AoiKageNoChikara
Beyond Newbie

Post by AoiKageNoChikara » Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:49 am

funrush wrote: Also, I want a full length version of Freeza's "These are my favorite things".

Ditto. It was simply terrifying xD.

This episode was da bomb!!! Keep it up TFS!

caejones
I Live Here

Post by caejones » Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:12 am

Kuhan wrote:
I didn't like that they modulated it. Especially with LK's range. The voice wasn't a lot deeper than his Yami Yugi; I would've preferred to have heard something in his natural range.
Huh, it sounded natural to me. :oops:
Dr Gero, in Budokai 2 wrote:Go, my Saiba Rangers!
Akira Toriyama, in Son Goku Densetsu wrote:You really can’t go by rumors (laughs).

Jackal puFF

Post by Jackal puFF » Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:26 pm

Everything in this episode was ace! I really liked the myspace joke again and the Krillin owned count. Piccolo's chant was pretty good too. I kind of hope Frieza's voice changes asap haha.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:24 pm

You know, I hope Nail doesn't eventually fade away into Piccolo's subconscious. I hope Kami doesn't, either. I hope that "the voices in Piccolo's head" becomes one of the next great running gags in the series. Last but not least, I hope I didn't just jinx our chances of that happening.
Dragon Ball ended in 1997.

CaBrPi
Advanced Regular

Post by CaBrPi » Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:28 pm

Kaboom wrote:You know, I hope Nail doesn't eventually fade away into Piccolo's subconscious. I hope Kami doesn't, either. I hope that "the voices in Piccolo's head" becomes one of the next great running gags in the series. Last but not least, I hope I didn't just jinx our chances of that happening.
They'll be the next Ghost Nappa. I can see it already.