Selling JP Dragon Boxes!

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Ex-Dubbie369
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Selling JP Dragon Boxes!

Post by Ex-Dubbie369 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:21 pm

Hi y'all. Just wanted to see if any one would be interested in purchasing my Dragon Boxes. I have DBZ 2 and Dragon Ball.

All are in excellent condition. They all include their Dragon Book. DBZ 2 includes the Piccolo figure, but Dragon Ball does not include the Budokai diorama.

Right now, I am asking $350 shipped for DBZ 2 or Dragon Ball in the US and only accept Paypal. If you live outside of the US, don't hesitate to PM me and we can work out pricing to ship it to you.

Here are some pictures:

Thanks!
Last edited by Ex-Dubbie369 on Sat May 25, 2013 8:00 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Castor Troy
I Live Here

Re: Selling Dragon Box Z 2 (JP Version)

Post by Castor Troy » Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:18 pm

Hmm.... should I pay the mortgage or finally acquire Dbox 2?! :?

Ex-Dubbie369
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Ex-Dubbie369 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:50 pm

Castor, since you live in OC, I could deliver it personally. You wouldn't have to pay shipping :)

Beji
Regular

Post by Beji » Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:26 pm

That's a bit steep for the Dragon Box Z 2 isn't it?

Krycek7o2
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Krycek7o2 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:39 pm

Beji wrote:That's a bit steep for the Dragon Box Z 2 isn't it?
Not really.
It's about 100 more on YJ. With middle-man services, you'll end up paying 100 more with fees and shipping.
So, you're getting a good deal here.

Jord
Advanced Regular

Post by Jord » Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:42 pm

Why didn't the US version include action figures?
Jord doesn't have a avatar because the combination of Jord and a equally cool avatar would cause the universe to implode.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:00 pm

Jord wrote:Why didn't the US version include action figures?
Variety of reasons. They initially announced each set at an $80 MSRP, and by the third volume, that got knocked down to $60. Include a figure in with that, and you'd have to knock up the price even more. They also wouldn't get jack shit for retail space (which the first few sets certainly had), especially the way some of their last remaining outlets (see: Best Buy) have been moderately devastated in the physical media department.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

shonenhikada
Banned

Post by shonenhikada » Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:35 pm

How much for the action figure ?

Ex-Dubbie369
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Ex-Dubbie369 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:48 pm

Sorry, I'm not gonna sell the figure separately.

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:54 am

Ex-Dubbie369 wrote:Castor, since you live in OC, I could deliver it personally. You wouldn't have to pay shipping :)
Oh, wow! That makes three of us in OC! Plus, there's a fourth one of us in San Diego. My mind has been blown!
(they/she)

My Martial Arts Website -- https://mybudo.carrd.co

kei17
I Live Here

Post by kei17 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:42 am

Krycek7o2 wrote:
Not really.
It's about 100 more on YJ. With middle-man services, you'll end up paying 100 more with fees and shipping.
It's about $311, actually..
http://page2.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/b134529017

In addition, you can buy the both volumes for $598:
http://page18.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/w73552346

oXdanXo
Regular

Post by oXdanXo » Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:00 pm

kei17 wrote:
Krycek7o2 wrote:
Not really.
It's about $311, actually..
http://page2.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/b134529017

In addition, you can buy the both volumes for $598:
http://page18.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/w73552346
If only I had the confidence and knew how to use Yahoo Japan Auctions as there are some great bargains on there. Nice find.
Next to get; Leged of Saiyan figures and Freeza's force

If anyone sees
Any of the Legend of Saiyan line going cheapish
Or any other Banpresto DBZ figure :)

If anyone has a cooler steelbook dvd that wants to sell it (prefer new but used is fine) when/if the dragon box movies comes out contact me :)

Krycek7o2
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Krycek7o2 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:03 pm

oXdanXo wrote: If only I had the confidence and knew how to use Yahoo Japan Auctions as there are some great bargains on there. Nice find.
Just remember, shipping and middle man services equate to almost 150-200 USD more. The shipping for both Z Boxes for me in 2007 was 180 for EMS. God knows what it'll be today.
Just make sure the middle man service (Rinkya, Celga etc...) don't charge high commission. If you ever need help with such services, let me know. I've pretty much used them all at this point. Rinkya still treats me the best.

Ex-Dubbie369
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Ex-Dubbie369 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:31 am

Krycek7o2 wrote:Just remember, shipping and middle man services equate to almost 150-200 USD more. The shipping for both Z Boxes for me in 2007 was 180 for EMS. God knows what it'll be today.
Exactly. I've also used a middleman service for Yahoo Japan Auctions and it can be quite a hassle and quite expensive. Especially with the exchange rate getting crappier and crappier. Trust me when I say I have absolutely no intention of ripping anyone off, but I also am not going to simply give it away.

Beji
Regular

Post by Beji » Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:17 pm

Well I got my Z2 for cheap just like all my other D-boxes. and now I have an extra the movies. I REALLY would like Z1 but I wont get that same price opportunity for that one. I dont know where else I could buy them.

oXdanXo
Regular

Post by oXdanXo » Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:20 am

Ex-Dubbie369 wrote:
Krycek7o2 wrote:Just remember, shipping and middle man services equate to almost 150-200 USD more. The shipping for both Z Boxes for me in 2007 was 180 for EMS. God knows what it'll be today.
Exactly. I've also used a middleman service for Yahoo Japan Auctions and it can be quite a hassle and quite expensive. Especially with the exchange rate getting crappier and crappier. Trust me when I say I have absolutely no intention of ripping anyone off, but I also am not going to simply give it away.

I'd be buying it from you, but it doesn't have the original outer brown shipping container and I'm OCD so I'd only end up dissapointed in a year or two :)

I'm going to have a look middle man services and see if I can figure that stuff out, I've been on mandarake and sent them an e-mail about a few things (Dragon Boxes and figures). Although I think pretty soon I'm going to have to stop buying extra stuff such as figures and DVDs/ Magazines of Dragon Ball in other languages as I don't understand Japanese and never look at the stuff I only get it so I can say "I have it" When I started collecting the figures were $50 / £30 including shipping for two of the DX (Legend of Saiyan) I went to order two Scultures (Ox king and Goku a few weeks ago and they came out to $80 with shipping.

It's only just over a year since I started buying the orange boxes and was happy with that then I decided I'd try to gert the ocean 1-52 part that was oficially released to go with my tv recordings since that's what I remember but since then I've bought a load of the singles that had the funi dub, the ultimate uncut, all the movies as seperates, steelbooks, and the packs. The US Dragon Boxes which are meant to contain the dub as an afterthought which aren't primarily aimed at someone like me (a fan of the dub as I'm not keen on reading when I watch tv, (I've only read 3 of the 42 volumes of the manga I've bought and to make things worse I paid a premium then decided I didn't like just black and white pics so opted for the vizbigs on top :( )

At some point I'll accept I can't own everything Dragon Ball.

Anyway Rant over,

before I got distracted with my life story I meant to compliment you and say it's an awesome piece of DBZ merchandise, best of luck selling it.
Next to get; Leged of Saiyan figures and Freeza's force

If anyone sees
Any of the Legend of Saiyan line going cheapish
Or any other Banpresto DBZ figure :)

If anyone has a cooler steelbook dvd that wants to sell it (prefer new but used is fine) when/if the dragon box movies comes out contact me :)

Ex-Dubbie369
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Selling JP Dragon Boxes!

Post by Ex-Dubbie369 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:02 pm

Well, my money situation has taken a turn for the worse, so I will have to part with all of my Dragon Boxes. First post has been updated. Now selling The Movies and Dragon Ball as well!

samuraix123
I Live Here

Post by samuraix123 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:08 pm

Oh jeez I wish I had the money to buy ''Dragon-box: The Movies & that Dragonball set'' :(
The Dragonboxes are like a middle aged woman who still looks good through simply taking good care of her skin and body with maybe a tiny bit of makeup while the Orange Bricks are like a middle aged woman who get's 50 tons of botox, makeup and plastic surgery in order to look younger and as a result looks even worse. ~ ringworm128
Still recording Toonami broadcasts on VHS after all these years!
#1 Paikuhan fan!

Son Satan
Beyond Newbie

Post by Son Satan » Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:19 pm

To go for DBox The Movies or save my money for that Harry Potter box set that comes out in the Fall.... Hmm...
DanielGClapp wrote:Every time my dad sees anything anime, he always say "When are these goddam Japs gonna learn how to draw?".

Castor Troy
I Live Here

Post by Castor Troy » Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:59 pm

If you still have these in a few months and my income is stable, then I'll probably consider getting all of them.