"Return Of Cooler" Re-Release DVD?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Ninja Poe Bear

Post by Ninja Poe Bear » Sat Mar 25, 2006 8:26 pm

Just to clarify a few things, and I hope this clears your mind and worries, EX.

One, FUNimation has become a greater company within the last 10 years. Plus, they

Two, seasons 1 and 2 were done by Saban, and even Saban explained why they did those changes.

Three, Viz Media is publishing the edited version of One Piece. Meaning that they possibly did the dubbing, and will most likely produce a 13 episode uncut version (like they said they are going to do for Naruto).

Four, there was never a fight. And if there was, then those who fought were never the type to consider looking into what went wrong, who did what, and what could still be done. (Again, I am not that kind of person.)

And five, I have never been anti-FUNimation. Heck, I have worked for Beckett, and even helped them with their anti-piracy fight (I contacted them when ebay refused to remove the Dragon Ball AF games from their auctions.) So please never accuse me of that. (Besides, I have a plan on how to approach them and maybe get them to consider my business plan that would have them making more money than they are going to be using. ;))

Besides, question: "Has anybody else considered just talking to them about ideas that would make them want to listen and consider them?"

Back on topic...

Conan the SSJ, that was what I said. Besides, I think the reprints are based on their second or third runs. Namely, they put out the versions that were corrected after the first or second runs.

Besides, I want to consider getting a reissue of Lord Slug, since I feel that is their best work (from what I have seen, so far... since I have missed movies 7-11).
[b][coming soon.][/b]

Blitzen
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Blitzen » Sat Mar 25, 2006 8:43 pm

Ninja Poe Bear wrote: Three, Viz Media is publishing the edited version of One Piece. Meaning that they possibly did the dubbing, and will most likely produce a 13 episode uncut version (like they said they are going to do for Naruto).
Viz are simply the distributor. They didn't do the dubbing, 4Kids did, and as far as we know, Toei and 4Kids are only interested in an edited One Piece, and no uncut version. It's essentially a dead cause. THere was an uncut dub supposedly in the works, at a slow pace, but when relations between FUNimation and 4Kids went awry, it stopped.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Sat Mar 25, 2006 8:50 pm

Ninja Poe Bear wrote:Two, seasons 1 and 2 were done by Saban, and even Saban explained why they did those changes.
Seasons 1 & 2 are irrelevant, and far from what should be used as a basis in anything other than reminiscence.

(Except for El_Diablo's comment about these productions being godly when stacked next to the jaw-dropping insult that is the handling of the One Piece anime in North America.)

Furthermore, FUNimation produced those episodes. Saban was their distributer. FUNimation remains solely responsible for what came out of their own production and work.
Ninja Poe Bear wrote:Three, Viz Media is publishing the edited version of One Piece. Meaning that they possibly did the dubbing, and will most likely produce a 13 episode uncut version (like they said they are going to do for Naruto).
No, 4Kids is responsible for the One Piece anime. Viz is entirely non-responsible for anything having to do with the TV series beyond distributing it on DVD, similar to Pioneer's sub-contract with FUNimation for DBZ seasons 1 & 2. There were false promises of OP receiving a possible thought about maybe considering the fact that there might be a way to get an eventual uncut DVD release, but that's gone far and far away thanks to the amazing, cheery, ego-centric, ignorant, nationalistic, and hypocritical work of Al Kahn.
Ninja Poe Bear wrote:Four, there was never a fight. And if there was, then those who fought were never the type to consider looking into what went wrong, who did what, and what could still be done. (Again, I am not that kind of person.)
Looking for someone to explain to me what this means.
Ninja Poe Bear wrote:And five, I have never been anti-FUNimation. Heck, I have worked for Beckett, and even helped them with their anti-piracy fight (I contacted them when ebay refused to remove the Dragon Ball AF games from their auctions.) So please never accuse me of that. (Besides, I have a plan on how to approach them and maybe get them to consider my business plan that would have them making more money than they are going to be using. ;))
Yes, we know you wrote things for Beckett. Would you care to state it in at least one more post? Greg Werner, Jon Allen, and the various other writers here would like something to piggy-back off of to talk about the same thing.
Ninja Poe Bear wrote:Besides, question: "Has anybody else considered just talking to them about ideas that would make them want to listen and consider them?"
Not sure where you've been since 1994. If you think that absolutely no-one of any importance, notoriety, intelligence, and general fandom has expressed their thoughts in a well-thought-out and well-presented manner to a varying level of employees of a company that's easily become one of the most out-spoken and accepting of their fans? This is precisely why we have it so damn good, especially comparatively-speaking.

Sorry for the hints of sarcasm, but if I have to read one more post about someone's grand plan for the property in the US and world and how it will make FUNimation so much more money than they're already making...

Again, the world of dillusion is not a safe one. Walk towards the light.

*insert hallelujah-chorus here*
Last edited by VegettoEX on Sat Mar 25, 2006 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Ninja Poe Bear

Post by Ninja Poe Bear » Sat Mar 25, 2006 9:20 pm

Blitzen wrote:Viz are simply the distributor. They didn't do the dubbing, 4Kids did, and as far as we know, Toei and 4Kids are only interested in an edited One Piece, and no uncut version. It's essentially a dead cause. THere was an uncut dub supposedly in the works, at a slow pace, but when relations between FUNimation and 4Kids went awry, it stopped.
Yeah, that was originally because they were testing the waters with FUNimation. And from what I have seen, they have the option of rebooting their own licensed properties with Viz Media. So if the uncut Naruto DVDs prove to be successful, compared to sales against the edited version, there is a chance that 4Kids may have Viz Media make new attempts at uncut Yu-Gi-Oh! and uncut Shaman King.

Plus, also, what I have learned is that Viz Media would be better at handling the Shonen Jump franchises for any companies (look at what they did for ShoPro, before the merger)... including FUNimation and 4Kids. Plus, also, there are a huge number of serious petitions that are asking 4Kids to reconsider the idea of an uncut One Piece. :wink:

Besides... I found footage of the One Piece/Dragon Ball Z x-over. And from what I have heard, while comparing voice actors, 4Kids has been doing serious work with the voice casting. (I have the link if you want it.)
[b][coming soon.][/b]

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Sat Mar 25, 2006 10:33 pm

Ninja Poe Bear wrote: Plus, also, what I have learned is that Viz Media would be better at handling the Shonen Jump franchises for any companies (look at what they did for ShoPro, before the merger)... including FUNimation and 4Kids. Plus, also, there are a huge number of serious petitions that are asking 4Kids to reconsider the idea of an uncut One Piece. :wink:
Online petitions have proven time and time again that they don't work.
Besides... I found footage of the One Piece/Dragon Ball Z x-over. And from what I have heard, while comparing voice actors, 4Kids has been doing serious work with the voice casting. (I have the link if you want it.)
-_- *sigh* We know about that. It has at this point been posted here over three times already.
Jerseymilk: "Can I tell you something?"
B-kun: "What?"
Jerseymilk: "I see Fangirls."

Blitzen
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Blitzen » Sat Mar 25, 2006 11:24 pm

Jerseymilk wrote:
Ninja Poe Bear wrote: Plus, also, what I have learned is that Viz Media would be better at handling the Shonen Jump franchises for any companies (look at what they did for ShoPro, before the merger)... including FUNimation and 4Kids. Plus, also, there are a huge number of serious petitions that are asking 4Kids to reconsider the idea of an uncut One Piece. :wink:
Online petitions have proven time and time again that they don't work.
What One Piece needed was an individual or a group who could co-ordinate a website for letter writing campaigns from people who'd actually fucking BUY One Piece, stating what they wanted and other things that could be construed as reasonable. Send them letters with an appropriate mark, let them know what they were diong beforehand so it couldnt have been disregarded so easily, have some kind of numbers, whatever. Problem is, (and I'm guilty of this too), it just seems like such a hassle to do, and chances are they wont listen. But if anyone is willing to give it a go, I can tell you kind of what'd be needed to accomplish this.

Ninja Poe Bear

Post by Ninja Poe Bear » Sun Mar 26, 2006 1:55 am

Blitzen wrote:What One Piece needed was an individual or a group who could co-ordinate a website for letter writing campaigns from people who'd actually fucking BUY One Piece, stating what they wanted and other things that could be construed as reasonable. Send them letters with an appropriate mark, let them know what they were diong beforehand so it couldnt have been disregarded so easily, have some kind of numbers, whatever. Problem is, (and I'm guilty of this too), it just seems like such a hassle to do, and chances are they wont listen. But if anyone is willing to give it a go, I can tell you kind of what'd be needed to accomplish this.
I want to adopt Blitzen. Kidding.

And what you said is what I am planning to do with FUNimation. Namely point out that while they are producing a product, and trying to satisfy the masses, but they could so much more.

In the case you are saying, they need to be given reasoning and proof if they do this or that, and in a manner that it is done, it could result in a good thing.

But yeah... they did worse in their 2005 sales, and I think that they are playing it safe for all the wrong reasons. And much like FUNimation, their conclusion may have to have them collaberate with both Viz Media and Toei.

So before we go back on topic, I want to say that if you want to collaberate on this part of my projects, PM me. I think if we do this together, we can get more to help out and maybe have enough force to get it done right. ;)

Anyway... back on this topic...

I found out that FUNimation is generally reprinting all their DVDs with the new name/logo. That, and they are using the corrected format for these DVDs. So if there anything wrong, I say blame the people who published the DVDs for them. :P
[b][coming soon.][/b]

MarcFBR
Advanced Regular

Post by MarcFBR » Sun Mar 26, 2006 6:32 am

DBZ is done, you aren't going to change shit. Are you fucking retarded? No one gives a damn that you wrote 2 articles for Beckett, and saying it in every other post you make just makes ME care less.

Other then tossing the stuff on the DVD, Viz doesnt do ANYTHING with the anime version of One Piece, they get it, they throw it on a disk, they sell it, its not their license, get OVER it.

The 're-release' of the Cooler DVD is a resolicitation, it's doubtful its anything else, companies do it all the time, it's called a rerelease because the 'old' solicitation isnt available anymore.

So Poe Bear, do us all a favor, blow it out your ass, reading your posts makes me wanna hug Al Khan cause at least he speaks with something that resembles logic, instead of your incessent fanboy whining.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Mar 26, 2006 10:03 am

And I think I'll end it there :).
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::