The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by Rocketman » Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:29 pm

Nail is stronger than Oozaru Nappa.

Tyro
Patreon Supporter

Post by Tyro » Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:48 pm

Rocketman wrote:Nail is stronger than Oozaru Nappa.
I know this gets fought over a lot but this is only if you believe that Nappa maxes out at 4,000.

Saiyan Prince Vegeta
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Saiyan Prince Vegeta » Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:50 pm

Vegeta should win it for them, Nappa and Raditz just need to protect his royal behind, after all, he'd be screwed if his tail were to go. If it's the Saiyans pre Planet Vegeta's destruction minus the Vegeta family, one of the elites should be able to create an artificial moon, then a bunch of Oozaru's stomp. :P

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:25 pm

Whis vs. Omega Shenron
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Saiyan Prince Vegeta
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Saiyan Prince Vegeta » Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:52 am

Polyphase Avatron wrote:Whis vs. Omega Shenron
Whis, he's like MFTL or something. :P

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:02 am

We have nothing to compare them on, just that they both can destroy a universe- not very impressive at that point, since the anime-only version of Buuhan could do the same thing.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

Saiyan Prince Vegeta
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Saiyan Prince Vegeta » Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:06 am

Universe corroding isn't anywhere near as special as shooting a blast somewhere and destroying the Universe, and Whis can't universe corrode. Boohan was going to destroy the universe via chain reaction. Usually I hate talking about filler, but since we're talking about GT aswell, I will.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:03 am

I hear Whis used to be Dai Kaioshin and retired
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:24 am

Namekian population vs Saiyan population:

Prior to Freeza blowing the planet up, Nail could solo the entire planet except for the Royal Family as Oozaru. If the moons are allowed, the Saiyans lolstomp the Namekians. Hell, Oozaru Vegeta soloes Namek. Oozaru Nappa soloes except for Nail.

There's hardly any fighters on Namek, and all we know from the manga is that there are 3 at 3,000. Everyone other than Nail is fodder.

Saiyan vs Namekian fighter at equal powers: it depends entirely on the individual.

Whis vs Omega: Omega stomps.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:30 am

Do you have a way to compare Omega and Whis?
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:56 am

RandomGuy96 wrote:Do you have a way to compare Omega and Whis?
Whis' is implied to be stronger than SSG Goku, and that's it. SSG Goku is a match for Beers who is stronger than Vegetto, and that's it.

GT, meanwhile, is on a whole different tier.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

Saiyan Prince Vegeta
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Saiyan Prince Vegeta » Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:02 am

It all comes down to where you place Vegetto I guess, I have manga Vegetto higher than his anime counter-part so I place Whis higher than Omega Shenron, and Whis''s MFTL since he flew everywhere. That's an extra something that puts him above Omega.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:05 am

Saiga wrote:Whis' is implied to be stronger than SSG Goku, and that's it. SSG Goku is a match for Beers who is stronger than Vegetto, and that's it.
SSG Goku is a match for Beers when he is using 70% of his power. Beers didn't go all out.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:06 am

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:
Saiga wrote:Whis' is implied to be stronger than SSG Goku, and that's it. SSG Goku is a match for Beers who is stronger than Vegetto, and that's it.
SSG Goku is a match for Beers when he is using 70% of his power. Beers didn't go all out.
Yeah, I knew that. I meant to say "nearly a match" because of that.

Saiyan Prince Vegeta What makes you put manga Vegetto higher? It's the anime version with the better showing (beating up Gohan-Boo in base).

Saiyan Prince Vegeta
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Saiyan Prince Vegeta » Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:17 am

I take SEG statement of Vegetto being closer to multiplication to mean the manga version, I don't actually think he's Vegeta X Goku. Oh, and because the anime powers just seem strange for Boo, in the manga I have SSj3 Goku about 15-20 x weaker than Gohan, but I place the anime version much closer because of his display against Bootenks. Could just be me though. :P

There's more, but I'm working and shouldn't be on my phone for to long. :lol:

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:05 am

Saiyan Prince Vegeta wrote: I have manga Vegetto higher than his anime counter-part
Why? In the anime, Vegetto fought against Buu with his base and even at base he was winning. In the manga he immediately used SSJ, making it unclear if he could actually handle Buu with just his base.

Saiyan Prince Vegeta
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Saiyan Prince Vegeta » Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:44 pm

Because I take the SEG statement of Vegetto being closer to multiplication rather than addittion as it talking about the manga version. Not just that, but the anime is effed with power, Goku doesn't do terrible against Bootenks, and only seems slightly weaker than Gohan. In the manga I have Gohan about 15-20 x stronger than Goku, so anime Boohan isn't even 5-10 x stronger than SSJ3 Goku, that is if Boo's absorptions work as addition. So IMO base Vegetto only needs to be 6-11 x stronger than SSJ3 Goku in the anime to fight Boohan. My point is that Boo is messed up in the anime, or Goku.

It's the SEG statement that mainly does it for me though as it fits the manga much more than the anime. If I say anime Goku is roughly equal to his manga counterpart then Gohan is a lot weaker in the anime, then Boohan is, and Vegetto too for doing no better as Super Vegetto. It's probably just Goku love to be honest.

I'm a manga fan over anime, so I might be making a lot of the mistakes as I haven't watched the anime in a couple of years.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:51 pm

But taking the "Goku X Vegeta" as a multiplication doesn't make sense. The Potara are magical items made by the gods, while scouters & battle power numbers are created by aliens. The BP numbers symbolize one's power, but his power is not a number. So, it's completely illogical for Vegetto's power to be "73.273.832 X 72.993.098", because the Potara & the nature of ki are not related with numbers. The numbers are just a way to symbolize ones power.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

TheMightyOzaru
Banned

Post by TheMightyOzaru » Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:14 pm

Tyro wrote:
Rocketman wrote:Nail is stronger than Oozaru Nappa.
I know this gets fought over a lot but this is only if you believe that Nappa maxes out at 4,000.
It IS 4,000. You are just denying official material if you think he is weaker or stronger.
Vegeta: "Funny... I seem to recall Kakarot being fed the same information right before he transformed; the distinct look on your faces when he went Super Saiyan didn't exactly inspire confidence. One does not predict or calculate power like ours."
Youtube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePrinceOfSaiyajins
My 3DS Friend Code:
2707-1669-7946

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:25 pm

TheMightyOzaru wrote:It IS 4,000. You are just denying official material if you think he is weaker or stronger.
The problem is that in the manga, both Goku & Vegeta believed that the fight between Goku & Nappa would take forever, which wouldn't be the case if Goku was 2 times stronger. IMO, Nappa's battle power is before he goes full power (when Goku is obviously a lot stronger), and later went around 8.000 when he powered up & fought evenly with Goku.