Kai Episode 22 (06 September 2009)

Individual discussions for each episode of Dragon Ball Kai.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

El Diabeetus
I Live Here

Post by El Diabeetus » Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:15 pm

Metalwario64 wrote:
SSJ4 Furanki wrote:
Amigo Ten wrote: Huh?
It's a drawing within the episode that looks, super-deformed and he kinda looks like Lupin. It's when Vegeta is giving a thumbs-up if I remember correctly.
He's pointing his finger like a gun.
Oh yeah, whoops. My bad.

Shiyonasan
Advanced Regular

Post by Shiyonasan » Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:17 pm

Amigo Ten wrote:
Shiyonasan wrote:Lupin Vegeta
Huh?
This Lupin Vegeta. It's just a badly animated shot, really.

Amigo Ten
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Amigo Ten » Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:03 am

Oh yeah. I've seen that before.

Senzu_Bean
I Live Here

Post by Senzu_Bean » Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:20 am

If they don't left out that shot from the episode I don't know what they were thinking. :P

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:44 pm

Why! Why didn't they fix this? Vegeta has no fucking eyes! :lol: I find it funny...

(if the image looks smaller it's because I cut out some of the bottom to get rid of the subtitles, but the point of the image remains)

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:12 pm

I thought that was one of those facial expressions where they don't show the eyes in order to indicate to the audience that the character in question is hiding whatever emotion they may be feeling at the moment.

Like when a character with bangs uses them to shield their eyes during a dramatic scene. :?:
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Amigo Ten

Post by Amigo Ten » Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:14 pm

Possibly, except I don't think that ever happened in Dragonball. Ever.

Freeza.exe
Beyond Newbie

Post by Freeza.exe » Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:26 pm

Tanooki Kuribo wrote:Why! Why didn't they fix this? Vegeta has no fucking eyes! :lol: I find it funny...

(if the image looks smaller it's because I cut out some of the bottom to get rid of the subtitles, but the point of the image remains)
I think it's failed "shadow around the eyes cuz I'm all mysterious and shit".

El Diabeetus
I Live Here

Post by El Diabeetus » Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:46 pm

Freeza.exe wrote:
Tanooki Kuribo wrote:Why! Why didn't they fix this? Vegeta has no fucking eyes! :lol: I find it funny...
*snip*

I think it's failed "shadow around the eyes cuz I'm all mysterious and shit".
Yeah I gotta agree with Freeza.exe. They could've done it like this:

Except for the fact that it was a crappy Paint edit, intentionally saved as a JPEG to make it looks like it fits with the image more; but, still fails.

Amigo Ten

Post by Amigo Ten » Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:02 pm

Just watching the episode now. That shot of Dodoria crashing the Namekian into the wall looked really good, as did Dodoria killing Cargo.

And do you think we'll ever see a new opening? Maybe once Goku arrives on Namek?

Kienzan88gt
Beyond Newbie

Post by Kienzan88gt » Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:47 pm

Very fast paced episode, the chase scene was handled very well. I guess they didn't want to show Bulma's full body in the bath scene :P, oh and Aya Hirano really did well on Dende's voice xD. Freeza's voice was terrifying, in a good way ;). Looking forward to next episode, you know maybe a few more weeks and we should be seeing the Ginyu Special Squad.

Jurik
Beyond Newbie

Post by Jurik » Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:06 pm

I wish, they do something like this, if that scene appears...

Amigo Ten

Post by Amigo Ten » Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:37 pm

Kienzan88gt wrote:Very fast paced episode, the chase scene was handled very well. I guess they didn't want to show Bulma's full body in the bath scene :P, oh and Aya Hirano really did well on Dende's voice xD. Freeza's voice was terrifying, in a good way ;). Looking forward to next episode, you know maybe a few more weeks and we should be seeing the Ginyu Special Squad.
They won't be showing up for 6 weeks at least I think, since the whole thing with Vegeta's finger is supposed to be episode 28.

Deity
Beyond Newbie

Post by Deity » Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:37 am

But not only was the pace fast, the scenes themselfes were pretty fast, like a "slow fast forward" if you get what I mean, comparing with the original dragon ball z episode(s). And I'm still not enjoying Freeza's voice.

Senzu_Bean
I Live Here

Post by Senzu_Bean » Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:08 pm

Deity wrote:But not only was the pace fast, the scenes themselfes were pretty fast, like a "slow fast forward"...
I also noticed that. At least Dodoria beating the crap of the Namekians seems a lot faster than in Z.

penguintruth
Banned

Post by penguintruth » Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:09 am

Maybe I've just seen so much of The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, but Dende just sounds like her with Hirano as his VA. It's bizzare having Kuririn and Gohan talk to Haruhi.

Well, at least she'd be happy finding an alien. Now if she only met Trunks and Chaozu, she could cover two other things, time traveller, and "esper".

I'm pretty sure there was a comic similar to this, but with Freeza in her class, as well as Dabura ("slider").
Kentai wrote:Son Gokuu is a fascinating character anyway, because he is - at face value, anyway - an idiot savant. The victim of violent head trauma as an infant [...] he's a simple bumpkin with a fair share of brain damage who's natural talents to work out what's wrong compensate for his broad lack of common sense. But he's also a fighter, through and through [...] he fight until he has, in no uncertain terms, beaten his enemy on terms they can both acknowledge. He doesn't want to kill anyone, or even prove that he can win... he just wants to know he can. He's an ineffably charming bastard who's manly leanings were really incendental, and yes, the fact that he was voiced by a squeaky woman made the combination perhaps all the more charming.

Dragon Ball (Z) Kai Reviews!

Can I get a Schemen?

The Time Traveller
Patreon Supporter

Post by The Time Traveller » Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:55 pm

penguintruth wrote:I'm pretty sure there was a comic similar to this, but with Freeza in her class, as well as Dabura ("slider").

:D

I've longed to post this for a while now...

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:33 pm

That's epic. XD

I've been watching Kai and Haruhi Season 2 (1.5?) together so its fun seeing little crossovers like this.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:36 pm

Chuquita wrote:Haruhi Season 2 (1.5?)
[offtopic]It's funny because it has stuff that takes place during Season 1, and now the whole show is all over the place. The Slayers anime adaptation has a similar issue as well though.[/offtopic]
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:48 pm

Ok, Lupin Vegeta is hilarious and I hope they keep him.
Dark eyed Vegeta looks really cool to me, I think it works very nicely, when I saw it, it was like "Dodoria, I'm gonna kill you in 5 different ways if you give one step forward"

Can anyone translate that strip comic?