Mike's Upcoming JPNS Toy Releases Thread

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kingdom Heartless
I Live Here

Re: Mike's Upcoming JPNS Toy Releases Thread

Post by Kingdom Heartless » Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:12 am

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/NEOGDS-111114

Holy cow, this thing is huge.

Yo! Cal's the name. Nice to meet you!
Lover of all that is pure and fun in the worlds of Dragon Ball, Jim Henson and so forth!
3DS Friend Code 1418-7854-8786. I'm always playing Pokemon, so PM me yours for Friend Safari and battling! :D

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sat May 03, 2014 3:30 pm

CSToys has S.H Figuarts Base Goku in stock for the people who want him early.

http://www.cstoysjapan.com/servlet/the- ... rts/Detail
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Sat May 03, 2014 4:25 pm

Kingdom Heartless wrote:http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/NEOGDS-110856

I missed out last time, but look what's coming back!
Oh man, that makes me very happy.

Although I just purchased these two so my wallet is hurting real bad right now:
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

Gonstead
I Live Here

Post by Gonstead » Sun May 04, 2014 1:34 am

Visit DragonBallFigures for all your Dragon Ball figure info and needs!
Mayuri Kurotsuchi wrote:"In this world, nothing perfect exists. It may be a cliche after all but it's the way things are. That's precisely why ordinary men pursue the concept of perfection, it's infatuation. But ultimately I have to ask myself "What is the true meaning of being perfect?" and the answer I came up with was nothing. Not one thing. The truth of the matter is I despise perfection! If something is truly perfect, that's IT! The bottom line becomes there is no room for imagination! No space for intelligence or ability or improvement! Do you understand? To men of science like us, perfection is a dead end, a condition of hopelessness. Always strive to be better than anything that came before you but not perfect! Scientist's agonize over the attempt to achieve perfection! That's the kind of creatures we are! We take joy in trying to exceed our grasp, in trying to reach for something that in the end, we have to admit may in fact be unreachable!"
MY HOLY GRAIL (110% Serious. Please sell me one)

oXdanXo
Regular

Post by oXdanXo » Sun May 04, 2014 5:26 am

UpFromTheSkies wrote:Does anyone know when these will be released, or where they can be pre-ordered?

Front row is July, Back Row is August, The Mega WCF Brolly should be August, although some of the UFO machines might get him in July.
Next to get; Leged of Saiyan figures and Freeza's force

If anyone sees
Any of the Legend of Saiyan line going cheapish
Or any other Banpresto DBZ figure :)

If anyone has a cooler steelbook dvd that wants to sell it (prefer new but used is fine) when/if the dragon box movies comes out contact me :)

Brad Redfield
Regular

Post by Brad Redfield » Wed May 07, 2014 5:03 am

It appears that some west coast sellers on eBay have Figuarts Goku in stock! I hope to have mine by this weekend. :D

Brad Redfield
Regular

Post by Brad Redfield » Tue May 13, 2014 1:10 pm

Apologies for the double-post but lookie what I got!

(Sorry for the lackluster quality of the pics, can't keep a steady hand anymore.)

"Ka-me-ha-me..."

"HA--!!"

And here's some goofy pics for anyone who is a fan of the Shonen Jump games for DS:

"Let's go eat!"

"ORA--!!"

"Wah...!"

"..."

And here's how I have him displayed at the moment: http://s26.postimg.org/3tndysgt5/Shonen ... isplay.jpg

Great sculpting and lovely paint (Glad they went with a bright orange rather than a deep orange-red here!) and the accessories are really fun though I wish he came with a forward-looking yelling face and a smirking face. The only big qualm I have with the figure is that he really needs a rotating joint at the knees, it'd improve his leg articulation.

All in all, he's a great figure and is the best Goku they've done so far. :D

Kingdom Heartless
I Live Here

Post by Kingdom Heartless » Wed May 14, 2014 10:14 am

Oh man, you've got a Jurassic Park poster... I searched all over the internet for one of those.
Yo! Cal's the name. Nice to meet you!
Lover of all that is pure and fun in the worlds of Dragon Ball, Jim Henson and so forth!
3DS Friend Code 1418-7854-8786. I'm always playing Pokemon, so PM me yours for Friend Safari and battling! :D

Brad Redfield
Regular

Post by Brad Redfield » Wed May 14, 2014 1:15 pm

Yeah, it took me years to track down that particular poster. Luckily I won it in an eBay auction awhile back. I also put my Jurassic Park 3D tickets in the frame. (Which is what I do with the other framed posters I own which had their movies re-released in theaters like Back to the Future and Raiders of the Lost Ark.)

Retan
Advanced Regular

Post by Retan » Wed May 28, 2014 12:41 am

DBZ Figuarts Zero Piccolo Figure coming Soon!!!

Animetoynews.com with the Info.

Sorry not technically savvy.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Wed May 28, 2014 2:55 am

Eh, since this got bumped, these were in my Twitter feed earlier:

Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:58 pm

Saw this on TFW2005. I'm not sure if it's reliable or not:
Inikalord wrote:Got some news to report for fellow DBZ fans!

- The current Nappa that has been shown will not be produced. They may retool him into armor, but nothing is firm yet.

- Broly and Kid Buu will be prototyped next.

- Bandai is interested in making figures based on Battle of Gods. Possibly Kai Buu arc as well.

Info was provided by a fellow admin from DragonBallFigures, who is staffing at A-Kon for this year.
I always liked Broli's design, and I'd love to have "Kid" Boo to go with my SS3 Goku. I wouldn't mind this info being true. :D
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:01 am

Re: BOG figures

While I already have a ssjg Gokû figure that I'm happy with, I am curious about what they would come up with.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Retan
Advanced Regular

Post by Retan » Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:01 am

A possible Beerus Figuart? Awesome!!!

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:06 am

I'd honestly be happy even if they just repainted the regular Goku as SSG Goku (like this) despite the discrepancy in proportions.
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

Gonstead
I Live Here

Post by Gonstead » Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:54 am

Metalwario64 wrote:Saw this on TFW2005. I'm not sure if it's reliable or not:
Inikalord wrote:Got some news to report for fellow DBZ fans!

- The current Nappa that has been shown will not be produced. They may retool him into armor, but nothing is firm yet.

- Broly and Kid Buu will be prototyped next.

- Bandai is interested in making figures based on Battle of Gods. Possibly Kai Buu arc as well.

Info was provided by a fellow admin from DragonBallFigures, who is staffing at A-Kon for this year.
I always liked Broli's design, and I'd love to have "Kid" Boo to go with my SS3 Goku. I wouldn't mind this info being true. :D
You quoted my own post. I was gonna post it here eventually. XD
Mayuri Kurotsuchi wrote:"In this world, nothing perfect exists. It may be a cliche after all but it's the way things are. That's precisely why ordinary men pursue the concept of perfection, it's infatuation. But ultimately I have to ask myself "What is the true meaning of being perfect?" and the answer I came up with was nothing. Not one thing. The truth of the matter is I despise perfection! If something is truly perfect, that's IT! The bottom line becomes there is no room for imagination! No space for intelligence or ability or improvement! Do you understand? To men of science like us, perfection is a dead end, a condition of hopelessness. Always strive to be better than anything that came before you but not perfect! Scientist's agonize over the attempt to achieve perfection! That's the kind of creatures we are! We take joy in trying to exceed our grasp, in trying to reach for something that in the end, we have to admit may in fact be unreachable!"

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:57 am

Haha. I thought the avatar was familiar. I just didn't recognize the name, considering it's different. :p

Gonstead
I Live Here

Post by Gonstead » Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:05 am

Metalwario64 wrote:Haha. I thought the avatar was familiar. I just didn't recognize the name, considering it's different. :p
I've been using that name a lot longer than the one I go by nowadays :P

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:14 pm

I still hope they will make a S.H MonsterArts out of the giant size characters like Oozaru Vegeta. I do hope for S.H Figuarts of Coola soon. He will likely be a good seller since he's popular with both the Japanese and Western fandom.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Gonstead
I Live Here

Post by Gonstead » Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:04 pm

And the SDCC DBZ SH Figuarts Exclusive for this year is...

"In this classic S.H.Figuarts rendition of Vegeta, he appears as you’ve only seen him in the original anime! Flash back to when Vegeta had reddish-brown hair and a completely different green and orange coloring for his Saiyan combat suit. Set comes with a rich variety of accessories for the ultimate action figure experience! Parts include folded arms, four interchangeable hand sets, including a special interchangeable “scouter crushing” hand part, three interchangeable face parts and head part with attachable scouter, tail parts, effect parts and special support stand for effect parts. This 2014 San Diego Exclusive is offered exclusively to fans in the US!"