Mike's Upcoming JPNS Toy Releases Thread

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kingdom Heartless
I Live Here

Re: Mike's Upcoming JPNS Toy Releases Thread

Post by Kingdom Heartless » Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:51 am

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:Well, this Gotenks did pop up in my Twitter feed, so maybe this is part of it?

Turns out that's one of the big figures (30cm tall for this one). Cool, but not cheap!

As for that Scultures 5 news.... anybody know what that says? :P
Yo! Cal's the name. Nice to meet you!
Lover of all that is pure and fun in the worlds of Dragon Ball, Jim Henson and so forth!
3DS Friend Code 1418-7854-8786. I'm always playing Pokemon, so PM me yours for Friend Safari and battling! :D

SuperSaiyan3Goku
Advanced Regular
Location: In the middle of nowhere, across from Planet Vegeta

Post by SuperSaiyan3Goku » Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:38 pm

Figuarts SSJ Vegetto being shown off at San Diego Comic Con!

Also Kid Goku was previewed!

Next quest: Start collecting Dragon Ball Super Blu-Rays whenever season sets get released. Also the Super Manga!

Fan of Dragon Ball Z and various other Anime since '98! ^^

List of Anime I own or have watched - http://myanimelist.net/animelist/SSJ3Goku

Avenged
Advanced Regular

Post by Avenged » Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:46 pm

Dragon Blog Z - A Dragon Ball Z Community

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:12 pm

Vegetto's face looks... flat... I'm also wondering if his gloves are Vegeta's, or if they're new tooling.
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:17 pm

Avenged wrote:Image
Out of morbid curiosity, that 5 doesn't mean what I think it means does it?
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:21 pm

KentalSSJ6 wrote:Out of morbid curiosity, that 5 doesn't mean what I think it means does it?
Only if what you think it means is that this is going to be the 5th series of Scultures...

BTW, that Figuarts Vegetto's head looks terrible. It better be an EARLY prototype.
Last edited by TheDevilsCorpse on Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:21 pm

KentalSSJ6 wrote:
Avenged wrote:Image
Out of morbid curiosity, that 5 doesn't mean what I think it means does it?
What, do you think it means Super Saiyan 5? :lol:
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:24 pm

Hey with all the what if's we have gotten in various forms of content in this franchise, i'd rather play it safe.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:09 am

Probably getting this. I'm not too into Figuarts Zero's (except for Figuarts Zero... :lol:), but this would fit in exceptionally well with Figuarts Freeza for some great displays.

Also, here's another Vegetto picture... and it ain't pretty:

Yikes!! That face is atrocious... I hope it's just because it's an early, rough prototype, and they end up resculpting it.

Gonstead
I Live Here

Post by Gonstead » Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:38 am

Here's a dump of new pics. Enjoy!
Image Image

Also, here's some new info for y'all from a guy interviewing a Tamashii rep for DBZ stuff.

---

He said Broly is a 1st trial on big size characters and if it does well, they will consider other big characters, including Nappa.

For Buu they obviously can't reveal anything but he hinted that if released, it will be around the time the series hits the Buu saga on TV (Toonami).

Tien, Yamcha and other core characters are all very possible and all in due time.

To answer people's question about why can't they release more characters each year is because of the other properties, they have to release an even amount all across and can't just focus on one. MMPR is obviously an exception due to the anniversary. They gotta go where the money is and we have to understand that.

Trunks and Goten are being considered as a 2 pack but still have to see how it'll work out..

Bottom line for certain characters I didn't mention he said it's all based on our demands and polls they look at so we as fans gotta keep the info going. I suggest we keep doing polls, them reading negative comments like I've seen here (at times) obviously won't help.

Forgot to mention but I asked about the Vegetto non-Saiyan head and he said its still a possibility since what they showed still has to be approved. I did make it known us fans suggest and want both heads included and he said its possible. So here's hoping and lets just bombard the Facebook page with the suggestion.

The bad news.....no Shenron.

He said it was the wrong scale and wouldn't fit in with the rest of the line and they want to keep scale in mind and with even the size they did the one they showed us will not be cost effective. By that he said they want to keep the line under a certain price point and by making the ideal Shenron he feels it would be too expensive and they feel fans would not pay for it. I even suggested as an exclusive and he said they aren't willing to risk all the time and work they'd put in to it and for it not to sell. Broly is their most expensive and that in itself is a trial run. So those that don't want Broly, I say reconsider so we can get Nappa, Recoome and such characters.

EDIT: Moar Pics!

Visit DragonBallFigures for all your Dragon Ball figure info and needs!
Mayuri Kurotsuchi wrote:"In this world, nothing perfect exists. It may be a cliche after all but it's the way things are. That's precisely why ordinary men pursue the concept of perfection, it's infatuation. But ultimately I have to ask myself "What is the true meaning of being perfect?" and the answer I came up with was nothing. Not one thing. The truth of the matter is I despise perfection! If something is truly perfect, that's IT! The bottom line becomes there is no room for imagination! No space for intelligence or ability or improvement! Do you understand? To men of science like us, perfection is a dead end, a condition of hopelessness. Always strive to be better than anything that came before you but not perfect! Scientist's agonize over the attempt to achieve perfection! That's the kind of creatures we are! We take joy in trying to exceed our grasp, in trying to reach for something that in the end, we have to admit may in fact be unreachable!"
MY HOLY GRAIL (110% Serious. Please sell me one)

Li'l Lemmy
I Live Here

Post by Li'l Lemmy » Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:06 am

Metalwario64 wrote:Trunks and Goten are being considered as a 2 pack but still have to see how it'll work out.
PLEEEEEEEASE, please please please pretty pleeeeeeease

~Da Lemmy
Goten of Japan wrote:Don't go 9... Go 10! (Go-ten. Goten. Get it? DOOD.)
The NUMBER ONE Goten fan, and a fucking epic one at that.

neowl

Post by neowl » Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:25 am

Oh my, those "Tamashii Buddies" are adorable! I really like the scuplting work put in, and the super deformed style is very similar to that of the Tankōbon spine murial. Very nice!

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:54 pm

I hope Coola will be made soon. I hope they release his 4th and 5th forms separately seeing that his 5th form is a lot taller and his body parts are different too. I do think Metal Coola can work as a SDCC exclusive since Metal Coola is pretty much Coola's 4th form with a metallic paint job. He hardly looks anything despite one or two detail differences.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sat Aug 09, 2014 2:18 am

Not the best picture, but Goku's family (minus Raditz) with their DB- colors:

Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:20 pm

Maybe it's just me, but Vegito's face on his Figuart looks off. If Vegito sells well then I guess Movie 12 Gogeta will be next. I think we might not see any figuarts of DB, GT and the other movie characters anytime soon seeing that the demand for them don't seem to very high.
She/Her

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:41 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:Maybe it's just me, but Vegito's face on his Figuart looks off. If Vegito sells well then I guess Movie 12 Gogeta will be next..
Vegetto's face is definitely off. It's an early prototype though, so they're bound to improve it.

I doubt Gogeta's coming anytime soon though, because Bandai/Tamashii Nations has stated that they're focusing on the Buu arc right now.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:03 pm

I've probably asked this before, but quick question - where is it that a lot of you import these toys from? I know there's a particular website/store that's used a lot for importing, but for the life of me I can't remember what it's called.

I've found the Figuarts Kuririn on Amazon that I may end up caving and buying in a few weeks, but I've been wanting to see if I can locate the couple of Battle of Gods themed Kuririn figures I saw a while back.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

MagicBox
Advanced Regular

Post by MagicBox » Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:18 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote:I've probably asked this before, but quick question - where is it that a lot of you import these toys from?
I second this question. I keep meaning to ask, but I never did.

I really want to get my hands on those "DBZ Memorial Parade" figures, but Amazon Japan has like 20 different entries for the same product and I'm confused about which one is "real." I've never imported a figure/toy before.
"Magic's Detective Agency" - The Ultimate Guide to Changes in Detective Conan

"Magic's DiGiMONMUSiC Database" - The Ultimate Guide to Digimon CDs

Gonstead
I Live Here

Post by Gonstead » Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:44 am

Android 16 SH Figuarts.

February 2015 - $56.99

Visit DragonBallFigures for all your Dragon Ball figure info and needs!
Mayuri Kurotsuchi wrote:"In this world, nothing perfect exists. It may be a cliche after all but it's the way things are. That's precisely why ordinary men pursue the concept of perfection, it's infatuation. But ultimately I have to ask myself "What is the true meaning of being perfect?" and the answer I came up with was nothing. Not one thing. The truth of the matter is I despise perfection! If something is truly perfect, that's IT! The bottom line becomes there is no room for imagination! No space for intelligence or ability or improvement! Do you understand? To men of science like us, perfection is a dead end, a condition of hopelessness. Always strive to be better than anything that came before you but not perfect! Scientist's agonize over the attempt to achieve perfection! That's the kind of creatures we are! We take joy in trying to exceed our grasp, in trying to reach for something that in the end, we have to admit may in fact be unreachable!"
MY HOLY GRAIL (110% Serious. Please sell me one)

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:52 pm

Now we got #16 then I hope Cell's other forms will get made. I will buy Imperfect Cell in day one.
She/Her