Kaioshin names in the manga

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Kaioshin names in the manga

Post by Dayspring » Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:21 pm

What do people call the fusion of Kaioshin and Kibito in the manga?

Also, how often in the manga is Rou Kaioshin referred to as a "Dai Kaioshin?" I ask because I got the DVDs of the Kid Buu eps and althroughout, "Kibitoshin" keeps referring to him as "Dai Kaioshin." Did he officially become the Dai Kaioshin,then?
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Kaioshin names in the manga

Post by dbgtFO » Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:21 pm

It's a funny thing because his name is never actually said from his introduction in Vol 41 ch. 501 until Kid buu is defeated in vol 42 ch. 517. There are two occasions though where he talks about himself. The first one is when he explains Majin Buu's background, where Aku(Super) Buu becomes Junsui(Kid/pure) Buu, he says that he was one of the kaioshins.
And the other one is where they decide to go to New Namek to wish back the earth. He says that Kibito was an expert in mastering the technique instant transmission.
So I think( which is hinted in the story) that Kaioshin is the dominant figure in this new Kaioshin perhaps East Kaioshin simply gained a power up and different looks from fusing with Kibito instead of becoming an entirely new person, meaning that he will probably just have the same name anyways.
But no his name was never mentioned.

On your second question it seems that when Elder Kaioshin gave his life to Goku that, that was the only time he was ever referred to as Dai Kaioshin, I don't see it in any other parts of the story in fact it seems from there on until the end of the story the two beings are just referred to as "the kaioshins"... Well at least in my version..

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:49 pm

Dayspring wrote:What do people call the fusion of Kaioshin and Kibito in the manga?
Reasonably sure it's just "Kaioshin". Which makes sense, because "Kaioshin" is just a title, so he's still just as much the Kaioshin after the fusion as before. You wouldn't call a fusion of Captain Ginyu and Recoom "Capcoom", would you? Or a fusion of the King of Earth and Puar "Kiar"?
Also, how often in the manga is Rou Kaioshin referred to as a "Dai Kaioshin?"
It's only twice, in chapter 500. When the Elder Kaioshin offers to give his life to Goku, Goku and Kibito both refer to him as Dai-Kaioshin. It's only in this once chapter though. In the very next chapter, when the Elder Kaioshin is talking about how Goku can't beat Boo and gives him the Potara, Goku calls him simply "Kaioshin".
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:01 pm

Herms wrote:Or a fusion of the King of Earth and Puar "Kiar"?
So, this needs to happen. Now.

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:16 pm

Cipher wrote:
Herms wrote:Or a fusion of the King of Earth and Puar "Kiar"?
So, this needs to happen. Now.
Boom baby:

Gaffer Tape
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Gaffer Tape » Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:19 pm

That... is simply the awesomest thing I've seen in a while. That's made of awesome sauce. It registers a 9.2 on the awesome scale.
Do you follow the most comprehensive and entertaining Dragon Ball analysis series on YouTube? If you do, you're smart and awesome and fairly attractive. If not, see what all the fuss is about without even having to leave Kanzenshuu:

MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection Series Discussion Thread! (Updated 4/29/24!)
Current Episode: Attack of the Member Berries - Dragon Ball Dissection: The Super #17 Arc Part 3

Perfect
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Perfect » Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:36 pm

I wish I could make awesome things like that. :(
Fox666 wrote:It seems you have pissed a lot of people on this forum, and I am quite sure they would like to call you stupid and say that's the designated adjectives for you. But they don't do that because of there are rules in this community.

DaemonCorps
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by DaemonCorps » Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:51 pm

Leave it to desirecampbell to spice up the topic.

Also, just for the sake of comparison, the FUNi dub had Gohan on one occasion refer to him as "Kibito-Kai." In a later episode, though, Vegeta refers to him as "Kibito-shin." Guess the the switching between "Dai Kaioshin" and "Kaioshin" confused the dub writers :/.
10-30 minutes have most likely passed between my clicking to comment and actually posting. Curse my habit of thinking how to word my posts for too long!
YouTube Essays | twitter | webcomic | instantaneous movement grams

Gaffer Tape
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Gaffer Tape » Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:57 pm

I'm pretty sure Hoffmann's old manga summaries referred to the character as Kaiobit, taking the opposite approach.
Do you follow the most comprehensive and entertaining Dragon Ball analysis series on YouTube? If you do, you're smart and awesome and fairly attractive. If not, see what all the fuss is about without even having to leave Kanzenshuu:

MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection Series Discussion Thread! (Updated 4/29/24!)
Current Episode: Attack of the Member Berries - Dragon Ball Dissection: The Super #17 Arc Part 3

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:14 pm

desirecampbell wrote:Boom baby:
My god, it's glorious.

In my ideal version of the series, that would be how the Piccolo Daimao arc ends.

Puto
I Live Here

Post by Puto » Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:39 pm

Just to add my two cents, the Portuguese dub of DBZ and GT refers to him as "Shibito".
Blue wrote:I love how Season 2 is so off color even the box managed to be so.

Chibi Mystic Gohan
I Live Here

Post by Chibi Mystic Gohan » Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:51 pm

And I think that games and guides(?) call him キビト神 (Kibitoshin, with Kibito in katakana and the "shin" (God) in kanji).
君と再会ったとき 子供のころ大切に想っていた景色を思い出したんだ
僕と踊ってくれないか 光と影の Winding Road いまでも彼に夢中なの?

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:57 pm

Chibi Mystic Gohan wrote:And I think that games and guides(?) call him キビト神 (Kibitoshin, with Kibito in katakana and the "shin" (God) in kanji).
I think he's never called anything but "(East) Kaioshin" in the guides, but in GT he's called either "Kibitoshin" or "Kibito-Kaioshin".
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

Chibi Mystic Gohan
I Live Here

Post by Chibi Mystic Gohan » Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:12 am

Herms wrote:
Chibi Mystic Gohan wrote:And I think that games and guides(?) call him キビト神 (Kibitoshin, with Kibito in katakana and the "shin" (God) in kanji).
I think he's never called anything but "(East) Kaioshin" in the guides, but in GT he's called either "Kibitoshin" or "Kibito-Kaioshin".
Yeah, I knew neither the Daizenshuu, nor any other manga guide gave him a special name, but I wasn't sure if any anime-based guide did. Although I'm pretty sure the games use the naming scheme I posted...

Never knew about "Kibito-Kaioshin." I need to re-watch DBGT!
君と再会ったとき 子供のころ大切に想っていた景色を思い出したんだ
僕と踊ってくれないか 光と影の Winding Road いまでも彼に夢中なの?

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:14 pm

I wonder how strong The King Of Puar...The Puar of Earth... The Awesome Personified is. On par with Gohan Boo or stronger?

And thanks for the answers, Herms. I, too, figured it was just a title and therefore the same, but I keep seeing people tossing "Kibitoshin" or "KibitoKai" all over the place.

I wonder if Rou Kaioshin really is the new Dai Kaioshin now, though. Maybe promotion from regular to Dai is done based on X years of experience as a regular Kaioshin (ie: if a managing editor quit and there was no senior editors, you still wouldn't give the junior editor the title)? I know becoming a normal Kaioshin is done by lottery, but IIRC, no info was given for how the Dai Kaioshin get chosen.
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:36 pm

One way or another, it seems likely he'd rank highest on the planet now.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!