Putting Dragon Ball community aside (for a while)...

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Psajdak
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Putting Dragon Ball community aside (for a while)...

Post by Psajdak » Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:33 pm

I don't remember it being intentional, but somehow I ended up registering on this site (is this actually the biggest DB forum on the Internet?) at the very beginning of this year - January 1, 2020...

And now is pretty much the end of it, early hours of December 31, 2020 in Germany.
I could have written this thread earlier, but I guess the last day of year does have some significance, and feels conclusive.

Now that I think about it, I am kinda surprised how long it took me to register here, considering I was fan of DB for almost 20 years, but I guess it's better than nothing, although I do wish I was present when current era of DB started to happen with DBZ Movie 14, or anything else, including Xenoverse games, and FighterZ.

I even bet that no matter how much people criticized DBZ Movie 15, as fans they still found something in it enjoyable.

That being said, I myself still believe that I had enough time to more or less catch up with users who are currently most active here; and for what is worth, I enjoyed posting stuff this year, but I will have to leave Kanzenshuu for a while - for some specific reasons.

To be honest, even though we are living in era which still feels like Dragon Ball is alive, and well, due to manga being released monthly, and Heroes promo anime, at the same time it also seems like franchise is dormant again, which is why so many fans wonder when will main anime come back...

I also hope it returns one day, but I think it is simply a waste of time counting days, or checking Toei schedules, etc...

As for manga, while I was never really manga person, I still read Moro arc, and afterwards some previous parts, including most of manga version of ToP.
Latest chapter concluded Moro arc, and also started Granolah the Survivor arc, but while I already like how Granolah looks like, just like this site, I will also put following DBS manga aside as well for an indefinite amount of time, main reason being that I would like for more chapters to be available, instead of waiting each month for the next one.

I will still watch Heroes anime, due to how short, and, well, irrelevant episodes are.

I will use this opportunity to dedicate myself to some other interests, and when I feel like it's time to return to Dragon Ball community, I will, if everything is alright with my health.

Also, I won't already be saying goodbye, because I would like to spend this day writing on this forum, and as for you guys, feel free to write whatever you like in this thread.

I didn't exactly started it out of some attentionwhorism, but simply to say something as a fan, I guess.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Re: Putting Dragon Ball community aside (for a while)...

Post by Chuquita » Thu Dec 31, 2020 1:17 am

As someone who just returned from a self- imposed year and a half hiatus, I understand. Breaks are good, and the start of a new year is a good opportunity to do something fresh and different with your free time.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

The Iron Fjord
Beyond Newbie

Post by The Iron Fjord » Thu Dec 31, 2020 1:36 am

As someone who visits Kanzenshuu and posts sporadically, I'll probably make more of an effort to post here more often, but as it often goes with my New Years Resolutions, it'll probably fall flat.
The Iron Fjord will kick you in the nuts!

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Thu Dec 31, 2020 1:49 am

I REALLY dont know if I will ever quit or take a hiatus from Kanzenshuu. Especially now in this idle year. Still, MAJOR LUCK I wish upon you for any and all endeavours you undertake Topic Creator!
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

Psajdak
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Psajdak » Thu Dec 31, 2020 4:08 pm

Well, there is still some time left before the New Year, but I guess I can say my goodbyes right now - no need to wait until the last minutes, anyway.

Until we meet again, and hopefully some big Dragon Ball announcements, like new anime, be it series, or movie are revealed in the meantime.
Or dunno, next big game based on classic Dragon Ball series from the time Goku met Bulma, till the conclusion of Goku vs Piccolo match.

Continue enjoying the Dragon Ball.

Bye bye! :)